Monday, June 29, 2009

Seeing God in Unexpected Ways

Hey everyone, it’s Chad. It is Monday night and I just wanted to share with you how I have seen God working while I have been here. As many of you may know, I got very sick on the way to camp on the train and all of Saturday. I was sitting in the hall on the train and had been in and out of the bathroom and one of the pastors of the Polish church we are working with came up to me. He put his hand on my shoulder and, in Polish, he began to pray. He was praying for me and my health. I had known Adam, one of the pastors, for only a day, but that did not matter to him. His prayer for me, even though I could not understand it, showed a tremendous amount of compassion and concern for me. I have never experienced something like that. I was very encouraged by this and thanked God for showing me his love through Adam.

1 comment:

Carl Kroonenberg said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story, Chad. It's a great example of where actions speak louder than words (or words that we do not understand!). Glad you're feeling better!