Monday, June 29, 2009

You Can Call Me "Super Bird"

Hey all, it is Jen! We have been having a really great trip and we appreciate your continued prayers! Today was our third day at English camp and it started out with our English classes. I am teaching the higher, and bigger, of the two intermediate classes (with my helpers Bridget and Chad). When we had our first day of lessons, it did not go as well as I would have liked and I was really discouraged. I really saw God work through my prayers as the second day of class went so much better! I had much more fun and I am hoping that the students did as well. After our classes, we had three hours of free time. This was a great chance for us to explore the town more and eat some Polish food, which is always awesome!

We then went to the beach for our team games. My team name is the “Green Machine” and we are dominating! Whoo! Our team cheer is “Green Machine, Green Machine! You can’t stop the Green Machine!” and it seems to be coming true, so hopefully this continues! The times on the beach, when we are playing sports, have been great opportunities to reach out and bond with the students.

We then went to our evening program where Dan introduced sin through the story of Adam and Eve disobeying God in the Garden of Eden and then the Flood. We were excited to talk about this subject so hopefully this message will resonate with the students. Several of the discussion groups ran late during the discussion.

We ended the night with my favorite part: Superhero Night! Bridget did an amazing job leading this night and everyone had a great time. We played games with our teams and I even got wrapped in toilet paper and became Super Bird. It was awesome! I feel like this was the first night that we were able to really connect with the students and I loved that. We are so excited to see where God takes the rest of this camp! Thanks so much for your prayers. Dad, Mom, Em, and Sarah, I love you...btw, no postcard is coming!!!

No comments: