Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Student Thoughts: Jen C.

As our Poland trip approaches, I am really excited for the whole experience. I cannot wait to meet and build relationships with the Polish students. I also can’t wait to see how God will use me in this trip and I hope to successfully show his glory to the Polish people we will meet. I am also looking forward to improving my own relationship with God. I’m excited to see what he will teach me while I am there and I hope to fully live my life for Him. I look forward to building stronger relationships with the students and leaders of the Poland team as well. Lastly, I am also excited to see God’s creation in another country as well!

While in Poland, I am most nervous about putting myself out there. By that, I mean that I am worried that I won’t be accepted by the Polish students because I tend to be a shy, introverted person when I meet new people. I just hope that I will be able to be open up to the Polish students I meet. I know this is really important because the friendships I build in Poland will help me spread God’s kingdom. Of the stops we are visiting in Poland, I am really scared and apprehensive to go to the concentration camp, Auschwitz. Even though I’ve learned about it in school, I know it will be so much harder to actually visit the camp. I am also a little nervous to leave my family. I am worried that I might get a little home sick but I am predicting that I will be having too much fun to miss my family!

Well, I would really appreciate it if you all would pray that during the trip I will fully rely on God and be a willing servant. I tend to like to be a leader and I am sometimes a control freak so I really hope to be able to fully commit my life to God. Once again, I just need prayer that I will be open to the Polish students I meet and not hide behind my shyness and insecurities. Also, since this will be the first time I have ever left the country (Yeah!) and my family for more than a few days, I hope that I will be comfortable during this trip and I will not become too homesick. I mainly just hope that God will help me spread his Word into the lives of the Polish students.

1 comment:

Alice Robbins said...

Jen,

I am so excited for all of you to come. Thank you for coming and being so open about your fear. God speaks to us through those fears is we let Him. Embrace them and allow God to show you that His love covers fear! I will be praying for you!

I will see you soon!

Alice