Friday, July 03, 2009

Gospel Night @ English Camp

Day Seven! I can’t believe that we’ve already arrived at our finally day of English classes. When this morning opened up, we were told that following breakfast we would be holding classes on the beach. It truly was a delight, despite the fact that we weren’t able to focus much on the lessons. So, as not to fight the urge to have every topic in today’s lesson be completed to perfection or have those in my beginner’s class recite their beloved idioms, I chose instead to have them absorb the thrill of playing Ultimate Spoons on the beach!

The real thrill from today, however, came from the camps traditional soccer match between Poland and the United States. It was quite the first-time experience for me. Though we lost the game (1-6), nothing could have made the experience more pleasing than seeing Polish cheerleaders hooting and hollering for Team U.S.A. When we arrived back at camp, we were able to teach them the Cha Cha Slide and expose them to our classic smores. This day, America day, was exciting even for us because it was a refreshing reminder of what we miss so very much….home.

Once the evening program had begun, I was lost for words upon seeing how powerful the voices throughout the room were when we began to sing praises to God. To say the least, they were quite different than the faint voices we heard within the beginning days of camp. As Dan’s talk had come to a close, he begged the question to everyone in the room, “Do you want your story to be a part of God’s story”? Nearly an hour later, the room was and still remained full of the students and leaders. The only difference was that in place of blank faces and stares, there were tears. These student’s had been touched and, I feel, their lives had been dramatically impacted. I was proud to be a witness to what happened here in Swinoujscie. As much as I can’t wait to go home and see friends and family that have been on my mind day and night, I am grieved knowing that there will come a time to say good-bye to these wonderful new friends and family here with me now. Nevertheless, life goes on and I thank God every day that He is the keeper of my tomorrow.

Oh my! It’s 1:30 in the morning and Dan’s waiting to post this! Thus, to bed it is; for in less than three hours, we are going to the beach to watch the beauty of His majesty as the sun rises on the waters of the Baltic Sea. Thanks all for your constant prayers and support. Love always and forever.

No comments: