Saturday, July 04, 2009

Stirred Souls & Changed Hearts

Hey, it's Justin. Right now I am reflecting over the past seven days and where we have been and where we are. Over the course of this trip we have endured long hours of travel, jet lag, illness, language barriers, an incredibly busy schedule and we are all extremely exhausted. Just thinking about all that we have been through shows me Gods amazing providence and his grace and power working through us on this trip, but what I find truly amazing is not the endurance of difficult circumstance, but how God stirs the souls and changes the heart. The first time I set foot in Poland was as a student in 2001, and I had no idea what to expect, and I was blown away as I experienced God in a real and powerful way. Now that I have returned, assuming the role as a trip leader, I have seen God move again in a real and powerful way, both in myself and in the lives of our students. Seldom does God work in us the way that we expect him to, and even more seldom does he make such a process easy or comfortable. The greatest work God has done for me in Poland is showing me how to sacrificially live life in his service on behalf of others by giving the same grace and love He has given me. This is not easy, it is not comfortable and is not what I was expecting, but he is continuing the work he has started in me eight years ago, and I know he will be faithful to complete it. Leading has pushed me to understand grace and love to a much greater extent both in my own life and in the life of others, and just like he did eight years ago, God has once again moved in me in a real and powerful way. Thank you for your prayers and support.

No comments: