Thursday, July 02, 2009

Oscar Night in Poland

Hey, it’s Jonny! What is up my English speaking peepizmos?! This place is crazy, in a great way though. Today was officially our last “normal” day. The morning started out with a great breakfast, who knew the Polish liked chocolate and cookie cereal every day?! *hint hint mom and dad*. English lessons were next and over the past week I have had an incredible experience with these kids. For part of our class we prepared a special video for “Oscar Night”, but we’ll get back to that later. Free time was amazing, the Poles were all taught a very special sport, American football, and they loved every minute of it. And, not surprisingly, they happen to be very good at it. For sports we ended up playing paintball, just. . . without the ball. I guess you could call it paint squirt but it ended up being an awesome game. For dinner we were treated with Greek Salad and Kielbasa sausages, and what meal is complete in Poland without bread and toppings? The evening program tonight was one of the most crucial on the trip. Tonight Dan introduced Jesus into God’s story. This element possesses so much potential as to change the way one thinks. Jadon shared a personal story and told everyone how Jesus had touched him in a great way. As discussion groups began to speak, Justin suggested our team pray for the groups’ conversations and that tonight, unbelievers would be impacted in a serious way. “Oscar Night” followed the evening program which was , in the word’s of the Polish, really fun “foshizzle”. In this night, each English class gave a presentation of a skit or video. There weren’t any real specifications but each one was filled with loads of comedy, I don’t think the laughter stopped once during the entirety of the presentations. Later, I was surprised to find out we would all be learning how to “Cha-Cha” dance, and despite my inability to move to a beat, the fun never stopped. All in all, today has been one of my greatest experiences in Poland and I’m so glad God sent us here. I hope this summary finds all of you doing well and Mom. . . I don’t think I made my bed before I left. I love you all and Brianne I’m sorry I couldn’t be home to see you, I can’t wait to see my mountains again!!! BYE!

No comments: