Monday, July 06, 2009

Goodbye

Hey everyone! Last but not least, it’s Jensine!! So, yesterday was our last day with most of the campers from Skoczów and it was a blast… and exhausting. After we got back from our very long train ride, we went straight home with our host families. I was very lucky and very grateful to stay with Daria! When we got to her house, her parents fed me right away! Then she took me around her home town Szczecin and showed me some historical cites and some AMAZING views of the city. She also took to the Czech Republic! I WAS SO EXCITED! We of course had to get some lody (ice cream) before we headed to the campfire. There was so much to do and so many people to hang out with, and not enough time. We played football, baseball, did some crowd breakers, and stood in the Wisla(Vee-swa) river. But I would have to say that my favorite part was getting to eat Kielbasa for dinner and making a very funny video of the song Free Fallin’ with Jen. You will have to see it when we get back! I did not like the end of the campfire though… that’s where the goodbye’s began.
That night I went home with Daria and we had amazing smoothies while getting on facebook really fast to let people know that I am still alive. Today when we got to the church it started to hit me…I was going to have to say goodbye to so many amazing and wonderful people. When we first arrived I was fine. Everyone was laughing and having a good time. Once the vans pulled up I started to tear up immediately, but I didn’t start sobbing until Pryscylla came up to me! I gave her the biggest hug that I could give and the floodgates opened. I could not believe I was leaving all these people. I ended up being the last person in the vans because I was trying to get a picture with everyone I could.
We also had debriefing today which wasn’t easy either. It seemed like I couldn’t NOT cry, but it was very good to talk about what went on with ourselves through this trip. After we got done with debriefing, we went straight for the square for one last time. I was able to experience a lot of things through this trip like building tons of new relationships, realizing what I can do to help build God’s kingdom, ways that I can better my relationship with Christ, and so many other things. But the most important thing that happened this trip was that I found myself. I found more of who I am and I also had a big realization that I wish would have hit me a long time ago. I realized that even though sometimes I may not believe it or feel it, I am beautiful inside and out in God’s eye’s and that’s all that matters. I always knew that in the back of my mind that this was true but I never really believed it… until now. But anyways, WE ARE COMING HOME TOMORROW!!! So I guess I will see you all then, please pray for us and our travels that we all make it home safely. Thanks you all for all of your support and God Bless!
C’YA!!!
P.S. I was just kidding mom and dad about cleaning my room! :P

No comments: