Sunday, June 25, 2006

Getting Ready

As we have for the last several years, we are sending a group of high school students from Southern Gables Church's student ministries, 180, to Poland to work with Josiah Venture and a local Polish church teaching a week long summer English camp for Polish students, mostly high school aged.

Jon (JontheCanadian) here, writing this on Sunday night, June 25th. It's almost 11pm, and I'm sure some of the staff and students are just starting to pack for the trip. They board the plane tomorrow mid-day, and will return Tuesday July 11.

The team will land in Krakow for a few days of training, then spend the next two weeks split between Zielona Gora (translated "Green Mountain"), where the church is, and in the mountains where the camp is.

Throughout the trip (starting on Tuesday morning), we'll have blog postings direct from our students and staff in Poland! Feel free to add comments (at the bottom of each blog posting), as that is a great and easy way to communicate with the team, though they may not get your comments for a few days, depending on their schedule.

We'll also try to get some photos up and maybe even some podcasts (audio) and videos. Who knows!

3 comments:

Dan Luebcke said...

Jon, it's 12:22 a.m. and I am starting to pack!

Thanks for serving our team this way bro! We'll miss you and Kelly this year!!!!!!!!

Pat R said...

Thanks, Jon, for doing this for all of us. It will be fun to follow the team (which includes my daugther) and my favorite youth pastor. :-)

It's strange to think that they will only be a few hours from me. I wish I could visit them.

Alice Robbins said...

I can not WAIT to see all of you! I get to see you in a little over 24 hours! God is up to some great stuff here in Poland!

Alice