Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Communion 6,600 miles away

Hey this is Dan Boyer sending this to you after possibly the coolest experience I have ever had. Yesterday morning we went to church in Zielona Gora on Communion Sunday. It was nothing short of amazing to take communinon with brothers and sisters in Poland. That experience just ministered to my soul. Knowing that God is in Poland and is still the same for the people here as at home is kind of the pinnacle of spiritual community.

The church service was also phenomenal. Hearing Mariusz speak in Polish and then hearing his words translated into English was awesome. Cale got up and spoke about our church. Dan preached from Matthew 1.

Another experience I will take home with me is the music and songs from Sunday. Hearing and singing the same songs with the Poles singing in Polish and the Americans singing in English was just amazing.

These experiences filled me with a sense of how much God is active and not just watching on the sidelines. Which is something I tend to lose focus on in the states but becomes obvious over here. Thank you once again for all your prayers which truly mean so much to all of us.

No comments: