Thursday, July 05, 2007

Day 4

Hello from Poland! This is Clare. So I am going to talk about day four. My day started at a blurry-eyed 8:00 in the morning. So that would have been about midnight, Colorado time. I literally stumbled down the stairs and took a four-minute lukewarm shower. Breakfast was at 8:30 and as usual it was bread and toppings with an optional bowl of the most bizarre mixture of American cereals. (Raisin Bran, Cocoa Puffs, some flaky stuff…) After a brief morning session we strolled over to the beach. It was a little overcast and looked like it might start raining. I did not bring my swimsuit. We were ready for a rematch in football. No, not European football but AMERICAN football!!! We won. Oh, and about half way through the game guess what decided to show up??? The sun. Remember I said that I did not bring my swimsuit. Oh yeah I have been at the beach for two of our four days and I STILL haven’t been in the water.

After the game and time at the beach we came back with about thirty minutes until lunch, which was 1:30 p.m. So, after asking half the camp and none wanting to come with us, we left and found some food. (Polish pizza and for me coffee) The rest of the day is a blur as it went so quickly. In my opinion the cherry on top to an excellent day was worship at our evening program. Our worship team has meshed with the Polish team and it is so much fun. We ended worship with Holy is the Lord by Chris Tomlin and it left me with a sense of a good day done. Well now it is time to go build bonds with Polish students…. perhaps an intense game of spoons…. We’ll see.

No comments: