Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Day 2 @ Camp

Hey everybody, this is Jen Carpenter! I hope everything back in the US is going well. I am going to tell you all about the second day at camp, which was much less stressful than the day that we arrived. We were able to regroup and begin to feel how the rest of the week was going to be. I am rooming in a rather small room above the sanctuary with about 15 or so other girls. It has been fun to meet them all and I really feel like I connected with a few of them last night around midnight before going to sleep! Haha. The Polish students are very kind and open to the Americans and it has been a great experience to meet them, so I can’t wait to see how the rest of the week will play out.

Today, the second day of camp, was also our first day of English class. I am helping Will G. teach the level four English class. Today was a lot of fun and I am really excited to get to know the kids in my class better because they are a quality group. Because I am in a higher class, our English class is more conversationally-oriented, so it is very nice to be able to talk to the Polish students without being hindered by the language barrier. In my class, Will has the students do push-ups if they ever speak Polish or if they speak when we (the teachers) are talking. The leading student is up to 105 push-ups. It is very fun to be in his class!

Besides English class and midnight talks, the rest of the group is connecting with the Polish students through volleyball and fun card games. I would still greatly appreciate your prayer for our group. I feel that I am unable to really get involved in the Poles’ activities at times and I know that other members of the team feel that way too, so prayer for that would be awesome! I can’t wait to see how the rest of English class is going to go, but I am sure I will have many stories to tell you all! If my family is reading this, I love you all!

Thank you so much for your constant prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jen and everyone else!I hope you are having a great time in polska! have fun with all the students and camping/bugs. Sorry about the soccer game!
emily carpenter