Thursday, July 05, 2007

English Camp - Day 5

This is Rachel and I felt the most tired today than any other day this week. It seems like my lack of sleep is catching up with me and I am exhausted. It rained almost all day today, which forced us to stay inside. One highlight of the day happened this morning:

We played a practical joke on one of the Polish students who slept through breakfast. We pretended that he had slept for so long that it was time for us to leave on the bus. Half of us went into the bus and the other half got their luggage and started packing it under the bus. His roommates woke him up to tell him that we were leaving. Then he came running out of his room carrying his bag. We all loaded up on the bus and started driving away. We went about ten feet then backed up. Everyone started laughing.

Today during free time, instead of playing games at the beach some people watched a movie. I went into town with a group of people. One exciting way I see God moving is with the Polish Christians at this camp. Last night I talked with someone who was not a Christian last year and now is. During our time in town I talked with another Pole about their faith.

The topic for evening program was about failure. Dan’s message was heavy and deep. I am looking forward to asking my roommates what they thought about it.

After the session our team got together for a discussion on how we are doing. I think our team is bonding well and we are able to share honestly. We hope to continue pressing on and working on the relationships we have been building through out this week.

No comments: