Thursday, July 05, 2007

Will da Beast gets worked

Big thanks to Cale for this nickname! There is no question that I’ve been throwing my weight around on the soccer field and the football field. This trip has been great. Not having a Starbucks to satisfy my caffeine addiction, I’ve found a nice lady across the street from the church that’s been throwing her weight around. I’ve seen her at least twice a day for an ice cold Coke. She’s the only seller, out of the five who sell Coke, who has ICE COLD COKE. I am usually buying 2 or 3 at a time for others and myself.

I find when I bust out the cash that I start getting worked. She’ll give me less back than expected, hoping I am one of those Americans who doesn’t care about change. Well I wasn’t the greatest math student, but it’s pretty obvious she’s trying to work me over. She knows she owns me.

Another one of her tactics is to hesitate in making change and offering me another Coke, Sprite or a piece of beef jerky to make up the difference. She doesn’t get me with the extra drink but she up-sells me on the beef laying out on the table that I can smell. It’s like she knows me. There’s no question in my mind I’ve paid her rent this week! Here’s to this lady saying, “GO BIG RED” before the end of the week!

No comments: