Sunday, July 08, 2007

Reflection on how God is moving in Poland

This Bethany and this is part 2 (kinda) of my post from last night. It's basically my thoughts on how I have seen God moving in Poland while on this trip.

Overall as a team we are very tired, more like exhausted. I’m sure you can see from our pictures, but I can truly say that I and the others on this team have not only bonded in an amazing way but we have poured everything we have into these students. God is doing amazing things. I will share one brief example:

Thursday of this week was a hard day. I really see it as the turning point when I look at it now. I hadn’t really bonded with any of the students. I had no idea where God wanted to use me. I was really struggling with just wanting to be home and give up on, what I saw as, pointless investing in the lives of the Poles. But last night during Gospel night I asked God to use me. I didn’t want to be on the sidelines. I wanted to see God work in an awesome way. And I can honestly say He did.

I was sitting with the group of students that I have come to know best. Then Julie asked me to go sit with a girl named Asia (Asha), who was talking to Dan Boyer. I was somehow able to work my way into the conversation and we talked for 2 ½ hours. It was awesome! She is not a Christian but I know God has definitely planted a seed; and it has been awesome to watch our relationship grow and develop. It is hard that we are leaving [today] because these people have become so dear to me. But I am CONFIDENT that God will work whether or not we’re here; that we’ll get to meet some of these awesome students in heaven! I am praying daily for Asia and I am so grateful that you all are partnering in prayer with us. Even though the tough part of our trip is wrapping up there is still so much to pray about. There are many students in which truth was planted and we will keep praying that God grows that and nurtures it till it’s ripe for the picking.

One last thing, this week has been so much harder than I initially expected. I have truly struggled with giving my everything to be here. On Wednesday Dan reminded us of the hundreds of people that are praying for us and it was the most motivating thing I have ever heard. Thank you so much for praying. Knowing it moves me to tears to think of those of you who have committed to pray for us! How awesome is our God. Truly, from the bottom of my heart, I say THANK YOU!

No comments: