Wednesday, July 04, 2007

A German Vendor Learns How to Sell to Americans

Dave here. Right across the street from the church is the Promanad (mentioned in Jensine’s posting), along which are many shops where vendors sell everything from Clothing to Kielbasa. On our first day here, Will discovered that one of these vendors - a German woman - kept a few Cokes in the bottom of her cooler (cold beverages are not really a priority in Poland).

He shared this with us and yesterday he ventured to the same stand, along with Dan, Julie and myself. We were saddened to learn that she only had one Coke in the fridge. Alas, three of us had to settle for lukewarm soda this particular afternoon. And you know what the Bible says about being lukewarm . . .

Today, I stayed behind (at the church) while the camp went off to the beach (more on why in a sec.). Well, I just returned from across the street . . . and I can’t wait to tell Will, Dan and Julie that she has at least 20 Cokes in the bottom of her fridge today!

The reason I stayed behind today is that I’m working on a video that we plan on showing to the camp later tonight. And, if you stay tuned, you may get a preview of this video as I am hoping to make it our first video blog posting of the trip. Although the “stay tuned” probably only applies if you’re one of those 4AM early-risers :-)

No comments: