Saturday, July 08, 2006

A Hike and Sin Night

From Rachel

Hello everyone,

Camp is going well. Today is Friday and we just ate lunch. We are always busy with things to do. Yesterday, I went on a hike with a group of people. I started talking to one girl who had no one next to her. She asked me some questions about my life, and I asked her questions back. We started to talk about faith and beliefs. I found out that she goes to a Catholic church. I explained that I believe in God and that Jesus died for the wrong things we do. I am interested to see what she thinks of the talks Dan has been giving. Last night, Dan talked about sin. Tonight, he will share the truth of Jesus’ loving sacrifice. Please pray for strength, as I am getting worn out and tired. I feel that God is teaching me things about myself. One thing I continue to think about is how I am dependent on God. I want God to be the focus of this trip.

Thank you for praying for the team, the leaders, the students, and me. I am expecting that tonight will be very intense and deep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I keep wondering about the time stamp on this blog, and if it's local (Colorado) time, local to the location where the poster is, or what. For the sake of this discussion, let's just say it's local to Colorado. If so, we were praying for these exact things at about the time you were posting last night!