Saturday, July 01, 2006

Travel, Auschwitz & More Travel

From Tierra Lansing -

(I added the picture Rachel captured of what Hitler said about the Polish people! Click on the picture to enlarge it so you can read what he said.)

Hey everybody!!! We’ve finally made it to Poland. After landing in Krakow, we went to Auschwitz. That was a horrid place. It grieved me to see what people (especially children) went through. After that we went to our hotel and then hit the Krakow Square. We went out to dinner. This part of the trip was huge culture shock for me. After a night of trying to sleep (some of us were up with jet lag), we got on a van to travel for 8 hours. The countryside was beautiful from what I saw, but I was sleeping for most of the ride. We arrived at the church and the people are very hospitable. I love this country! Now I am going to my host family. I am rooming with Jen. God has blessed this journey in so many ways and I know he will continue. I’m excited to see God work through the rest of the trip.

No comments: