Friday, July 07, 2006

Trips & Dance We Won't Forget

Thursday was packed full of different trips to choose from. Students could stay back at camp (boring) or choose to do one of the following: Splunking, a hike, or walking through the streets of Zakopane soaking up the culture. We had a late dinner because there are other groups staying here so they ate first. This made our evening program late. Our topic on Thursday night was sin. It was a heavy night, as it should be. God was gracious to give me what I believe were the right words to share to this group and Kasia did a great job of translating. She was AWESOME! The highlight of the night was when I shared how God has revealed to me here at camp my sinfulness as a father and I played Kelly Clarkson’s song “Because of You.” I blogged on it here earlier in the week. But this wasn’t the highlight. Kate danced to the song! It was absolutely a tear-jerker. You want to talk about using your ability to glorify God, she did on Thursday night. There wasn’t a dry eye in the place. Our goal was to send students away thinking about the wrong things that are going inside of them. The soil has been tilled and tonight I get the privilege to plant a gospel seed. What a privilege!

3 comments:

Pat R said...

I wish I could have been there. Amazing!

By the way, did you really post this at 3:30 a.m. Are you sleeping or running on caffeine?

Blessings,
Pat

Ant said...

it SOUNDS amazing!

@Pat -- I'm guessing it's on a different time zone than he is, but that he IS running on caffeine. Check out how he spelled "spelunking"!

Pat R said...

Yes, I noticed that too, Margaret.

By the way, I'm excited that Jen is going with you to TN. What a great experience it should be.