Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Hittin' the streets in Zakopane


Elizabeth Dunning – July 4th

Czesc! Today has been a great day! We took the afternoon and went into Zakopane. It was a great time to build relationships with the Poles outside of the camp setting. Most of us enjoyed a nice cone of lody, while others did some shopping. Bonding with the Polish students is going pretty good so far, some of us are having difficulty because of the language barrier and other things, but mostly it is coming along great.

Today was the first day of English classes. I’m in Tim’s class with Lee and it was very interesting. We learned about family and idioms that have to do with family. We did a role-play where the students had to be different family members and act out situations. Tim got in on one and acted like a spoiled brat who wanted a tv. He was throwing temper tantrums like a two year old. It was HILARIOUS!!!!! The Poles enjoyed it very much.

Tonight during the session, the talk was about relationships.It really kinda hit me and some of the others hard. Some of the Poles got up and walked out. It made me realize that there’s something I need to say… Mom, I’m sorry, please forgive me.

Things to be praying for: bonding with the Poles, strength to keep up the high energy level, patience to work with the Poles on English and talk to them about the same things about God without getting annoyed, and that God would keep the team bonded and really let His presence be felt by us and the Poles. Thank you for your prayers and your support!

Oh, one more thing…I went to a Polish tattoo parlor and got my ears pierced again. It was very interesting, since one of the Polish girls had to translate for me. Tierra went with me too and I squeezed both of her hands off, not really that bad, but pretty hard. So, yeah, I now have two holes in each ear…sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!! Mom and Dad, I love you and miss you mucho!!!!!!!!!! See you guys in a week!!!!!!! Kocham cie!!!!!!!!!!!! Dobranoz!!

Zabka - little frog!

*The photo is not from the team, but was found online, and is a photo of the main street in Zakopane; The tattoo/piercing logo is from the Zakopane store's website. - Jon the Canadian

No comments: