Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Lee's Collarbone Doc Appointment

Lee just got back from the Doc! Here's the scoop. He's going to be fine. His collarbone should be healed in six weeks. A ball of calcium should form to connect the bones that are overlapping. He doesn't have to wear the straps around his shoulders anymore. His arm is in a more comfortable sling and he's on some good medication. So the Doc in Poland, who was smoking a cigarette after he set he collarbone, actually did a good job. The most priceless part of our experience with the Doc was as he was setting the bone he heard a pop and says, "Ooops!"

Between the cigarette smoke that filled the hospital and that comment I will never forget my time in the hospital in Zakopane, Poland.

I can't imagine seeing this place in the winter! What a wonderland!

1 comment:

Pat R said...

I know what you mean about cigarette smoke. It's the same way in Spain, although they passed a law that went into effect the first of the year that you can't smoke in a business. I assume that means hospitals as well. I'm not sure about restaurants. The bars that are under a certain size can choose and most have chosen to allow folks to continue to smoke. I'm trying to get used to it, but it still bothers me.